Tuesday, January 11, 2011

African Masks


African Masks
Originally uploaded by Dowbiggin
You know, a project like this 365 thing is just the thing to open my eyes to some of the fantastic things happening around my school. Last week, I had third graders jumping rope. This week, seventh grade history projects.

These are just some of the African-style masks made by our seventh graders during their World History study of Medieval Africa. Their history teacher has a number of fantastically creative projects that tie into the cultures and civilizations they study with her. They also make Adinkra cloth designs and Samurai helmets, among other things.

I went and took a bunch of pictures of the masks hanging in the hallway near her room, and I liked the composition of this shot best.

No comments: