Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Road Not Taken

Two blogs in one day?!?! (Don't get used to it.)

I was just checking out NextVista, which is a website set up by a new friend of mine, a fellow Google Certified Teacher (NorCal 2006 in da house!). Of course, I found the video relating to my favorite poem, The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost.

My first year of teaching (1992-1993), I wrote out the ending line of this poem on a bright pink sliver of construction paper. I laminated it. When you look at the back, you can almost imagine how bright pink it once was. It has hung in every classroom I have occupied since. When I did not have my own classroom, I stuck it to my cart I used as a traveling teacher. It hangs today in my computer lab at school. I always tell my students about it.

Maybe they'll figure out why I teach for peanuts instead of making beaucoup bucks somewhere else.

No comments: